Everything you need to know about Google Photos login:
Introduction to Google Photos
The world digitally advancing at the speed of light and as a result, smartphones are now a necessity. Smartphone companies play a major part in our lives in addition to making them easy. Nowadays almost all phone producing companies put most of their focus on making the most advanced and high quality cameras. Taking pictures and posting them on social media platforms can be considered a leisure activity. Along with these high tech advancements and us taking pictures non stop, we are often facing storage problems. Where do we store so many pictures? This is where cloud storage plays a major role. Due to cloud storage being so easily accessible we can easily take and store a million pictures without any hassle.
Even though google drive and other such cloud storage has made the world a better place, we still face the problem of manages all these thousands of pictures. This is what Google intends to achieve with Google photos, complete photo management. This is an automated way to find exactly what photo you maybe be looking for. Even if you have 10,000 photos it will help you find the exact photo you are looking for.
How to Login to photos.google.com
If someone does not have access to the google photo app they can use the browser version. Users can log in following these simple steps:
Step 2: After clicking on go to google photos, a sign in window will appear.
Step 3: Input your gmail sign in credentials and click on next.
Step 4: Select back up photos and videos, then click next.
Step 5: Choose the folder where you saved pictures from your google photos account.
These are the steps to follow if you want to log out of your google photos account:
- Find your profile on the top right of the screen
- Click on your picture/icon to open a drop-down menu
- Click on sign out on the bottom of the menu
How to back up photos on your computer/desktop
- Go to photos.google.com for “Backup and Sync” app
- Click on “get started” and sign in to your account.
- Select what you want to backup, like only photos or photos and videos and click on next.
- Choose the folder you wish to save the photos in and also select if you want to save them in high quality or original quality.
- Click on start and your photos will start to back up, once it is complete you can use the google photos sign in options on your browsers and find your pictures there.
Note: If you delete a photo or video from your computer, it will remain in Google Photos
Google Photos Application Login
- Download the free app from play store if you are using an android device or apple store if you are using an iOs device.
- Open the application and put in your gmail username and password, you probably already have a gmail account, if not see gmail signup.
- After signing in you can start uploading and storing photos from your iOs and android devices, this may take some time is you have a lot of photos on your device.
How to back up photos on google photos application
Step 1: Open Google photos application on iOS or Android device and Tap on the 3 lined menu icon.
Step 2: Select the settings > backup & sync.
Step 3: Toggle to activate backup & sync.
Step 4: Ensure the two options at the bottom of the screen, “Use cellular/mobile data to back up photos” and “Use cellular/mobile data to back up videos” are turned off
Step 5: You can customize the backup options according to your needs, whether to back up only photos or videos too. Or to back up any other folder besides your camera roll folder. You can also select back up using WiFi or mobile data
Secure your google photos account
Even though uploading our memories on cloud storage frees up space and makes storage problems go away, the risk of our google photos login getting exploited/hacked or worse stolen is uncanny.
Here are some measures you can take to be safe:
- Make sure to use google 2 step verification. Even though the added step may seem a little annoying it is definitely worth the hassle.
- Make sure you don’t upload photos you don’t want exposed or literally anyone seeing. Does the iCloud breach from 2014 ring any bells? Nudes of many celebrities stolen and exposed to the world.
- Use the “customize settings” option. This will allow users to control what information one gives to google. Also limit the amount of information you put in your google photos profile. Choose exactly whom you wish you share your pictures with.
- Use the reverse image search option in case you think your photo’s compromised. These options will bring up other pages where this image may have been used.
Google photos is an extremely handy and versatile tool that needs very little effort to utilize to its fullest. Make sure to give this app a try!
Benefits of Google Photos
Google photos was launched in 2015, and is used to store photos, screenshots, and videos that exist in your phone. It is available for both iOS and Android users. You can get unlimited space when you use the google photos app but that may only be when using the option of “high quality” as opposed to what the original quality might be. This means those large files are compressed to save space, unless your account’s settings say otherwise. The resolution limit for photos is 16MP, whereas videos are compressed to 1080p. If you prefer to keep the original resolution of photos you can get up to 15 GB of free storage space on photos.google.com login. After that you can upgrade to a monthly subscription plan thats $ 1.99/month for 100 GB.
The auto generated extras
After using the Gmail sign in option, google photos provides you with many extra options. For Instance, it creates photo-book collections, grouping pictures together based on factors like the date, people, and places, etc. You also have the option to print and ship those books, completely free of cost. Photos are also made into to gifs and live photos like the iPhone live photos.
There is a robust search option that will allow you to search for objects in pictures like “apple” or “cake”, this is very handy if your pictures aren’t sorted in albums. It allows you to manually set names to faces in pictures then it can automatically identify those specific faces if you search for them. If you wish to backup photographs that are hard copies one can simply use the scan option
Googles Photo Assistant helps you stay up to date with whatever is happening in your photo library, it lets you know when new “creations” are available, also provides news about google photos.